DOWNHILL SLUMPING IS PREVENTED IN A SHUTDOWN SLURRY PIPELINE
Downhill slumping is prevented in a shutdown slurry pipeline by injecting a gas into the line at selected locations to fluidize the solids, thus preventing the formation of solid particle plugs in the low regions of the line.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.302/14.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY USA 10020
- Meyer, F L
- Publication Date: 1971-4-20
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Pipelines; Slurry; Structural design; Sulfur pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline design; Pipeline economics; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056307
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM