CONTOURED MAIN AND BRANCH PIPE WELDED PREPARATION
A method is described for welding an end face of a branch pipe to a seating surface in the wall of a main pipe. The method icludes the steps of so shaping the seating surface and the end face of the branch pipe that the shaped surfaces intersect the outer surface of the main pipe and of the branch pipe, respectively, in approximately the theoretical curve of intersection of the outer surfaces of the main and branch pipes when in their intended relative positions. When the branch pipe and the main pipe are located in their intended relative positions, a uniform weld section is formed between the end face of the main pipe. With the branch pipe and the main pipe so located, the branch pipe is welded into the main pipe.
- Australian Patent No. 709002, dated Jan. 28, 1971.
Superheater Company, Limited,
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipelines; Repairing; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction; Underwater repairs; Underwater welding
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056302
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM