AN UNDERWATER VEHICLE, USEFUL FOR INSPECTING AND REPAIRING PETROLEUM PIPELINES
An underwater vehicle, useful for inspecting and repairing petroleum pipelines, has a buoyant body or hull and a set of wheels which combination has preponderant weight when the vehicle is submerged; its center of buoyancy is above its center of gravity and the wheels are mounted so that they may be out of axial alignment with each other.
- British Patent Number 1,217,163.
Cammell Laird and Co (Shipbuilders & Engrs) Ltd,
- Daniell, A F
- Publication Date: 1970-12-31
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Pipelines; Repairing; Submersibles; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline maintenance; Underwater repairs
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM