AN APPARATUS FOR PREVENTING PLUG FORMATION IN A SHUTDOWN SLURRY PIPELINE
An apparatus for preventing plug formation in a shutdown slurry pipeline comprises a series of battles located along the bottom of the pipe at right angles to the flow direction in the inclined portions of the pipeline where a plug is likely to form because of slumping and compacting of the solid phase of the slurry.
- U.S. Patent Classification Number C1.302/64.
Shell Oil Company50 West 50th Street
New York, NY United States 10020
- Wicks III, M
- Publication Date: 1971-9-14
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056295
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM