A QUICK-CLOSING VALVE, ESPECIALLY FOR PIPELINES
A quick-closing valve, especially for pipelines, is controlled independently either through an electric-electronic-hydraulic circuit or by the direct arrival of a shock wave propagated along the pipeline. The valve is spring-biased toward closure but normally maintained open by the pressure in a hydraulic cylinder.
- U.S. Patent Classification Number C1.137/487.5.
American Petroleum Institute1220 L Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20005-4070
- Valdenazzi, L G
- Publication Date: 1970-12-8
- TRT Terms: Construction; Control systems; Pipelines; Pollution control
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction; Pipeline control systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056285
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM