FLAWS IN THE COATING OF A SUBMARINE PIPELINE ARE DETECTED
Flaws in the coating of a submarine pipeline are detected by producing an audio frequency current in the pipeline and detecting the leakage current from it with two spaced probes suspended from a submarine. The speed and course of the submarine are monitored and plotted together with the leakage current signal so that the flaw or break in the coating can be relocated and repaired.
- U.S. Patent Classification No. C1.324/54.
North American Rockwell Corporation,
- Smith, D E
- Publication Date: 1970-9-1
- TRT Terms: Corrosion; Monitoring; Pipelines; Wear
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion monitoring
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056217
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM