AN ARTICULATED RAMP FOR LAUNCHING A PIPELINE ON THE SEA BOTTOM
An articulated ramp for launching a pipeline on the sea bottom, which can be readily connected to and disconnected from a pipe-laying ship, comprises a series of elongated pontoon segments arranged in pairs and interconnected at their ends by hinged links to permit rotation in the vertical plane and having flexible portions to provide limited movement in other than the vertical plane. A similar hinged connection is provided between the ramp and the ship.
- Netherlands Patent Application No. 70,01775 dated Aug. 12, 1970.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipe laying; Pipelines
- Candidate Terms: Pipe laying ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00056208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM