A METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR ANCHORING OFFSHORE PIPELINES
A method and apparatus for anchoring offshore pipelines comprises a pair of helical anchors having the helices inclined in opposite directions. The helical anchors are positioned on each side of the underwater pipeline lying on the bottom, and the anchors are simultaneously turned in opposite directions into the earth's surface, so that the rotative torque of one anchor is opposite to the effect of the other anchor.
- Venezuelan Patent No. 67/1,006, July 7, 1967.
Chance (AB) Company of Canada Limited, Canada
- Hollander, W L
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Anchoring; Construction; Pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline anchoring; Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056108
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM