THE FLUID FLOW FRICTION LOSS OF A HYDROCARBON FLUID IS REDUCED
The fluid flow friction loss of a hydrocarbon fluid is reduced by mixing it with 10-1500 ppm of a high-molecular polydimethysiloxane resin and transferring the mixture in turbulent flow at 3,000 to 7,000,000 Reynolds number. The degradation of the resin compared to the degradation of a mixture with polyisobutylene is greatly reduced.
- U.S. Patent Classification: C1.137/13.
Esso Research and Engineering CompanyFlorham Park, NJ United States 07932
- Canevari, G P
- Peruyero, J M
- Publication Date: 1970-2-3
- TRT Terms: Additives; Drag; Pipe flow; Polymers
- Old TRIS Terms: Drag reduction; Pipeline flow theory; Polymer additives
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00056102
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM