METHOD FOR SIMULTANEOUS TRANSPORT THROUGH LIQUID PIPELINES
A method for transport of a mineral salt in granular form in an oil pipeline consists in mixing grains of the mineral salt having diameters in the range of 400 micron with the crude oil. The mixture is stabilized with a chemical selected from the group composed of alkali metal and alkaline earth metal salts of organic sulfonates for forming a stabilized water slurry, which is subsequently pumped through the crude oil pipeline. The metal salt is separated from the water slurry at the terminal end of the pipeline.
- Venezuelan Patent Application No. 66/1,728, Oct. 31, 1966.
Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV,
- Scott, P R
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Pipelines; Plans (Drawings); Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline description and plans; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM