IN LAYING AN OFFSHORE PIPELINE
In laying an offshore pipeline, the pipe is compressed between two series of torqued wheels which exert axial force on the pipeline as its slides into the water. The tensioning force is continuously imparted to the pipeline regardless of the direction of longitudinal movement.
- U.S. Patent Classification: C1.61/72.3, Division of U.S. 3,390,532, May 21, 1965.
Brown and Root, IncorporatedHouston, TX United States
- Lawrence, J B
- Publication Date: 1970-1-6
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipe laying; Pipelines
- Candidate Terms: Pipe laying ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM