A PIPELINE SHUTOFF PIG
A pipeline shutoff pig for closing the interior of the pipeline in response to a radio signal includes an inflatable toroidal seal attached to the body, an inflatable cylindrical member in the flow opening of the torus, a valve for inflating the seal in response to a first signal was gas stored in the body, and another valve for venting the gas from the seal in response to a second signal.
- U.S. Patent Classification: C1.138/97.
United States Patent Office2021 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA USA 22202
- Barto, L B
- Publication Date: 1969-12-16
- TRT Terms: Communication and control; Pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline communications and control
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056072
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM