PIPELINE IS LAID IN A BODY OF WATER
Pipeline is laid in a body of water by a propeller-driven vessel which has a sloping ramp on one side of the hull for guiding the pipe, a device for moving the pipe in rearward direction, and adjustable steering vanes cooperating with the propeller to divert the slipstream from the propeller away from the pipe and steer the vessel in a direction opposite to that in which the drag of the pipe tends to turn it.
- Netherlands Patent Application No. 67, 13991.
McDermott (J Ray) and Company, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1968-4-18
- TRT Terms: Construction; Pipe laying; Pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline construction
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM