USER'S MANUAL FOR THE MODIFIED FINITE ELEMENT PROGRAM FINEL
This report is a manual for the use of a general finite element computer program designed to perform the elastic analysis of complex structural components or their assemblage. Good engineering results can be obtained through the judicious application of finite element techniques, in which the real structure is idealized into discrete plate or bar elements allowing for the solution of the structural system by means of efficient matrix operations. Input instructions are described and illustrative examples are included. This program is a further modification of one originally developed by Prof. J.R. Paulling of the University of California at Berkeley and later modified for use at the Naval Ship Research and Development Center (NSRDC). This latest version offers additional elements in the element library as well as additional capabilities in other areas.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterWashington, DC United States
- Adamchak, J C
- Publication Date: 1970-11
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Finite element method; Ship structural components; Structural analysis
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00019214
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 3609
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 8 1973 12:00AM