POTASH IS TRANSPORTED IN A LIQUID FLOWING THROUGH A PIPELINE
Potash is transported in a liquid flowing through a pipeline by forming a slurry of solid potash particles in a liquid petroleum product in the presence of a maleic anhydride-methyl vinyl ether copolymer as suspending agent, forcing the slurry through the pipeline to a collecting depot, and separating the solid potash from the petroleum product.
- Appeared in Canadian Patent Office Record Vol. 97, No. 1, p 141, Jan. 7, 1969.
Northern Gas Products Company,
- Yingst, P O
- Sharps, T I
- Publication Date: 1969-1-7
- TRT Terms: Materials management; Operations; Pipeline transportation; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline operating problems; Slurries; Slurry handling techniques
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM