A SUBMERSIBLE CHAMBER FOR THE REPAIR OF UNDERWATER PIPELINES
A submersible chamber for the repair of underwater pipelines includes first and second hollow mating portions for receiving the pipeline, a working structure projecting from one portion, an access tube extending to the first portion from above the surface of the water, and hinges with removable pins along one edge of the working structure and one edge of the access structure. The hinge is offset vertically from the center of the chamber so that the second portion can swing freely away from the first when either of the pins is removed from its hinge.
- Patent Classification C1.61/63.
Environmental Protection AgencyDallas, TX United States 75202
- Elliot, H A
- Publication Date: 1969-9-16
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Pipelines; Repairing; Submersibles; Underwater pipelines
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline maintenance; Underwater repairs
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056003
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM