EXAMINATION OF WORK-REST SCHEDULES OF RAILWAY LOCOMOTIVE OPERATORS
This research is a sequel of the study by G.M.E. Michant and T.P. McGauhey: work conditions and equipment design in diesel locomotives (CIGGT report, July 72) and attempts to collect further information on the lengths and distribution of work and rest periods in train drivers, with particular reference to biological rhythms such as sleep and disruptions in these rhythms. The data are gathered by means of the questionnaire method.
- This study was jointly funded by Canadian National Railways, Canadian Ministry of Transport and Queen's University.
Canadian Institute of Guided Ground TransportQueen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
- Wilde, G J
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Biological activity; Circadian rhythms; Human factors; Locomotive engineers; Working conditions
- Old TRIS Terms: Biological rhythms
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00054693
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Canadian Roads and Transportation Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM