MARITIME INDUSTRY TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER/INSTITUTIONAL CONSORTIA
The NMRC Technology Transfer System (TTS) has, as its overall objective, the dissemination of R&D information to the maritime research community and to assist in the administration of NMRC research programs. The Phase IA study was a 4 month outgrowth of the Phase I TTS. It was concerned with developing a selected capability, demonstrable prototype system. Two areas of NMRC research were selected by NMRC as areas of concentration: gas turbines and satellite communication/navigation. A survey of personnel and vendors in these fields was performed by mailing 418 questionnaires, with a 27% response. A data base was constructed from these responses, consisting of 93 individuals and 19 vendors, along with an information retrieval system to search the data base in either an on-line or batch mode.
- For copies write in care of L.S. McCready, see MRIS #048389-09A.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointKings Point, NY United States 11024
- McCready, L S
- Jaffe, D L
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- TRT Terms: Artificial satellites; Data collection; Gas turbines; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Information acquisition
- Old TRIS Terms: Satellite systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00054384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Kings Point
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 18 1974 12:00AM