ORE COLLOQUIUM. REPORT ON THE FIFTH ORE COLLOQUIUM "TECHNICAL COMPUTER PROGRAMS" VIENNA, 3RD TO 5TH JUNE, 1975
The computer programs presented are: Programs for the data transmission network of the FS: Automation of marshalling yards: Improvement of signalling system layout with a view to increasing the line capacity; The potential of transponders and radiating cable data communication systems for train control; Programming microprocessors for safety applications; Computer controlled teleprinter and data transmission network of OBB; Safety considerations in the application of computers for remote signal box control; DB network planning of a hierarchic real-time data processing system for an integrated transport control system; Computer program for evaluating field strength distribution measurements of radio waves alongside railway lines; Production of signalling control tables by computer; Experience of the SNCB with respect to data transmission for the centralised management of goods traffic; Machine computer produced terminal reference-marking and plotting of equipment diagrams for a signalling installation; Computer programs for data transmission modem testing; Real-time computer system for the automatic control of the gravity- shunting operations at the Basle-Muttenz II marshalling yard; General purpose data transmission network for NSB; Calculation of the impedance and attenuation of telephone cables.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- TRT Terms: Communication and control; Communications; Computer programs; Data communications; Data processing; Hump yards; Minicomputers; Modems; Radio; Railroad facility operations; Safety; Traffic signal control systems; Waveguides; Yard operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Data modems; Question az40; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052866
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 40/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 5 1976 12:00AM