CONTROL AND OPTIMISATION TECHNIQUES FOR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS. (FIRST INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER PROGRAMME COLLOQUIUM IN DERBY FROM 16TH TO 18TH SEPTEMBER 1969)
The theme selected for the colloquium was "Control and optimisation techniques for traffic control systems". The report contains 16 papers read to the colloquium. The papers themselves were not translated but included in the language in which they had been written. A brief summary of each paper, in English, French and German respectively, was included in the report. The papers are: 1. Possibilities of calculating train movements with the aid of data processors (in German): 2. Electronic data processing in the railway survey department and in planning the sequence of operations for works projects (in German; 3. Electronic calculation of maximum permissible speeds (in French); 4. The computer in London Transport engineering, A review of recent applications (in English); 5. Capacity of lines equipped with the automatic block system and operated with conflicts between a group of trains (in French); 6. Preparation of optimum engine workings with the aid of digital computers (in German); 7. Calculation of train timetables with the aid of computers (in Italian); 8. Assessing the capacity of a railway line by simulating traffic (in Dutch); 9. Study of awaiting times and capacity of a real time system by means of simulating (in Spanish); 10. Simulation of a railway line (in Spanish); 11. Study of an analogue simulation for railway traffic (in Spanish); 12. Programme for the simulation of a railway terminal station (in Spanish); 13. Preparation and transmission of data (in French); 14. Inversion of large matrices using a special method of partitioning (in Dutch); 15. Determination of the optimum service life of vehicles and the subsequent processing of the data obtained (in German); 16. Software for the simulation and control of traffic on British Railways (in English).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1970-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- TRT Terms: Civil engineering; Computer programs; Construction projects; Freight terminals; Intermodal terminals; Life cycle costing; Locomotive utilization; Railroad facility operations; Scheduling; Speed limits; Timetables; Traffic control; Traffic signal control systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Question az40; Signal systems; Train meets
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052863
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 40/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM