MEASUREMENTS AND THEIR ANALYSIS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY. (5TH INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM OF ORE/BVFA ON RAILWAY VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY, HELD AT VIENNA, AUSTRIA FROM 6TH TO 8TH MAY, 1969)
Report on the 5th International Colloquium on railway vehicle technology held in May 1969 and jointly organised by ORE and the Vienna Arsenal Vehicle Testing Station. The special theme chosen for the meeting was "Measurements and their analysis in railway technology". The report gives a summary of the discussions and contains, in the appendices, the complete texts of the papers delivered and of the important technical contributions. The main subjects treated were: problems connected with the use of strain- gauges, new methods of evaluating experimental results (statistical methods and automatic processing), the application of these methods to special cases (riding quality of vehicles, railway bogie dynamics, geometric condition of the track) and certain specific problems relating to the organisation of the research work and the simulation in the laboratory of given experimental conditions. A survey table of the measuring technique used during the ORE studies in appended to the report.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1969-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Equipment tests; Instrumentation; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Refrigerator cars; Ride quality; Statistical analysis; Strain gages; Structural design; Suspension systems; Tests; Train track dynamics; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az40; Test equipment; Truck dynamics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052862
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 40/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1976 12:00AM