PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. RECOMMENDATION FOR SURFACE PREPARATION OF STRUCTURAL STEEL
Table of Contents: Article 1: Scope. Chapter I- General; Article 2- Methods of Surface Preparation; Article 3- General Observation. Chapter II- Description of Methods; Article 4- Surface Preparation by Blasting; Article 5- Surface Preparation by Acid Pickling; Article 6- Flame Cleaning; Article 7- Cleaning with Power-Driven Hand Tools; Article 8- Manual Cleaning. Chapter III- Application; Article 9- Particulars Concerning the Work in Plants; Article 10- Particulars Concerning the Work on the Site; Article 11- Particulars Concerning Surface Preparation Prior to Repainting.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1962-10
- TRT Terms: Corrosion protection; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Painting; Steel structures
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052754
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 11/E Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 8 1994 12:00AM