GENERAL PROBLEMS CONNECTED WITH WHEELS AND THEIR ASSEMBLY: SOLID CAST-STEEL WHEELS, WHEELS OF DIFFERENT DIAMETER AND SHAPE. PROBLEM OF THE GRADE OF STEEL AND SHAPE OF SOLID ROLLED-STEEL WHEELS FOR WAGONS AND COACHES--RECOMMENDATIONS. VOLUME 3: APPENDICES 4.3 & 5
Appendix 4.3.1: Report on the hauling runs with braked wheels of 920 and 840 mm diameter, type 1A, ORE B 98, and comparison of the test results with those of the tests on the wheel testing machine. Appendix 4.3.2: Braking tests on the wheel testing machine of the DB, with wheels of 920 mm diameter, type 1B and 1C, and comparison with the hauling runs on flat track carried out with the same wheels. Appendix 5: Laboratory investigations on solid rolled-steel wheels with curved web.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices;
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Metallurgy; Size; Steel; Thermal stresses; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b98; Steel wheels; Wheel design; Wheel metallurgy; Wheel size; Wheel thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052658
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B98/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1975 12:00AM