STORAGE AND RETRIEVAL SOFTWARE SUPPORT FOR RAILWAY TRACTIVE CALCULATIONS
Computer-based data bank for storage of rail and locomotive data and of automatic data support for different programs related to railway traction and other relevant railway engineering calculations is described. System consists of data files and of the supporting programs for file creation, maintenance and reporting. The present organization of the data bank is suited to the programs already realized and consists of two basic groups of files: files with parameters describing rail geometry, stations, switches, signalling and other relevant railway devices and files with parameters describing locomotives classified in four types: AC, DC, diesel-electric and steam locomotive type. Data bank has many users and suppliers with different aims and purposes and possesses different data sources. Therefore it is important to protect its reliability. Protective measures that have been incorporated, such as data annotation and introduction of special data bank evidentation files, are also described.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Vuskovic, M
- Bakic, N
- Pihajlic, E
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Computer security; Information processing; Locomotives; Maintenance; Rail (Railroads); Railroad engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM