FATIGUE PHENOMENA IN WELDED CONNECTIONS OF BRIDGES AND CRANES. FATIGUE OF LARGE BUTT WELDS ON BRIDGES
The report describes fatigue tests on large butt-welded beams and concludes that strength is lower than would be predicted from results using small specimens, or from many codes of practice. Tests incorporated shop and site welds and attachments provoking local stress concentration.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- TRT Terms: Box girder bridges; Bridges; Fatigue (Physiological condition); Fatigue tests; Metal bridges; Steel bridges; Stresses; Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fatigue analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d130; Welding stresses
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052599
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D130/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1976 12:00AM