ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION (VIENNA-ARSENAL). TESTS MADE BY THE ELECTRONIC TEST INSTALLATION DURING THE TIME FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 1971 TO AUGUST 31, 1972
This is the fifth annual report of the electronic test installation (formerly installation for testing data transmission equipment), erected and operated in Vienna jointly by the Office for Research and Experiments (ORE) of the International Union of Railways (UIC) and the Austrian Federal Research and Test Institute. In the course of the financial year, one modem for a modulation rate of 600/1200 bauds was tested. As a result of this, the number of modem types entered in the comparative table and in the comparative curves has risen to 16. This report also contains the results of measuring the interference on the telephone circuits of the NS, UBB, and FS due to thyristor-controlled electric locomotives. In addition, the report contains CCITT documents on recommendations for testing modems, the tests being based on the design of the installations for testing data transmission equipment at Vienna Arsenal.
- This is a confidential report available only to the Member Administrations of ORE. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- TRT Terms: Communications; Data communications; Interference; Modems; Signaling
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az32
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052598
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ32/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1976 12:00AM