AUTOMATION OF TRAFFIC INSPECTIONS FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF OUT-OF-GAUGE TRANSPORTS
The steadily increasing requirements which are experienced in the sector of out-of-gauge transports suggests the advisability of automating the numerous repetitive operations required for carrying out the control-checks of the transportability with respect to fixed obstructions and to trains passing in the opposite direction, in order to substantially reduce the waiting times for respective autorizations while simultaneously improving the effective use made of the staff. The programme carries out the whole of the required calculations in giving the running instructions in each section of line. Input: Data banks for the lines(structure gauges). Route record-files, on magnetic disk; characteristics of the transport and distances run, through the medium of a terminal; Output: Results of the control-checks; System: IBM 360/50.
- This paper was presented at the Third ORE Colloquium held in Amsterdam, May 8th to 10th 1973, and its Summary is contained in the Colloquium report #AZ40/RP 5/E; See RRIS #052511. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Pandolfo, A
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- TRT Terms: Car clearances (Railroads); Computer programs; Information processing
- Old TRIS Terms: Clearances; Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052585
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM