DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF OVERHEAD CURRENT COLLECTION FOR ELECTRIC TRACTION
In this paper some of the dynamic problems associated with high speed current collection from overhead catenaries are discussed and analyzed using a program developed by BR. This program simulates the dynamic behavior of the current collection system by using a finite difference method to solve the equations of motion for the catenary and pantographs are suggested.
- This paper was presented at the Third ORE Colloquium held in Amsterdam, May 8th to 10th 1973, and its Summary is contained in the Colloquium report #AZ40/RP 5/E; See RRIS #052511. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Cardwell, EAC
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- TRT Terms: Catenaries (Railroads); Computer programs; Data processing; Electric power transmission; Pantographs; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Power collection; Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052581
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM