VIBRATION ANALYSIS OF A RAILWAY COACH BODY USING FINITE ELEMENTS
It is now possible to automatically calculate, with satisfactory accuracy the symmetrical and antisymmetrical bending, distortional and rigid body vibration frequencies and mode shapes of a railway coach structure. The method described uses an extension of the three dimensional finite element stress analysis program NEWPAC developed by the British Railways Board Research and Development Division. Results are presented for the BR Mk III standard coach and experimental results are included for comparison.
- This paper was presented at the Third ORE Colloquium held in Amsterdam, May 8th to 10th 1973, and its Summary is contained in the Colloquium report #AZ40/RP 5/E; See RRIS #052511. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Computer programs; Finite element method; Information processing; Stresses; Suspension systems; Vehicle design; Vibration tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052579
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM