STUDY OF THE LATERAL STABILITY OF A BOGIE
This study permits a mathematical model to be found representing the movements of free bogie supporting a given load and running on a straight track of good quality. Starting from this model, it is possible to show the influence of the principal structural-design features of a bogie on its critical speed, namely: (1) characteristics of the connections between bogie-frame and axles; (2) bogie wheelbase: (3) sprung mass: and (4) equivalent conicity characterising the geometry of the contact between rail and wheel. This study has permitted the optimization of the choice of constructional characteristics of the bogies of the SNCF TGV 001 trainset.
- This paper was presented at the Third ORE Colloquium held in Amsterdam, May 8th to 10th 1973, and its Summary is contained in the Colloquium report #AZ40/RP 5/E; See RRIS #052511. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- JOLY, R
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Information processing; Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Simulation; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az40; Truck dynamics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1976 12:00AM