STILLWATER TUNNEL PROJECT
Stillwater Tunnel construction is scheduled to start in the spring of 1973. The tunnel will be the site of an extensive program in rapid excavation research. This paper presents a progress report regarding our plans and relates the tentative decisions which have been made on how to carry out the research effort. The details are subject to revision as more input is obtained from other Government agencies interested in tunnel construction and from experts in industry and educational institutions. The objective of the research program is to bring about faster, less costly tunnel contstruction. This objective will be pursued through the development, improvement, and evaluation of various construction systems and investigative techniques.
- Appeared in the proceedings of the North American Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference 1972, Vol. 2. Conference was held by the Society of Mining Engineers and the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum Engineers.
American Institute of Mining, Mettalurgy & Petroleum Engineers345 East 47th Street
New York, NY United States 10017
- Arthur, H G
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; References;
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Subways; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051932
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Institute of Mining, Mettalurgy & Petroleum Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM