RECOMMENDED APPLICATIONS OF SOLID FIBREBOARD GRAIN DOORS IN CLOSED CARS
This new publication, General Information Series No. 547, augments Closed Carload Pamphlet 36--Grain and Other Bulk Commodities. The purpose is to describe application of fiber grain doors in 6- and 7-ft doorway openings. The methods described, when they have received recognition throughout the industry, will probably be included in Pamphlet 36. Since the intent is to provide safe loading methods, it is desired that inspections of emptied cars be made in order that any problems might be detected.
- For copies of this document write in care of B. Williams, Chief Engineer, Freight Loading and Container Section, AAR.
Chicago, IL United States 60605
- Publication Date: 1973-11
- TRT Terms: Freight traffic; Grain
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Grain doors
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00051364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1976 12:00AM