INTERCITY AND ADVANCED TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGY
The need for high speed intercity rail travel has been recognized in the last decade as evidenced by the developments in Japan, France, Germany and Italy. This paper defines the concept, development and application of the British Rail Advanced Passenger Train (APT) to provide a competitive form of intercity transportation making effective use of existing rail networks.
- 9th Space Congress Proceedings, Cocoa Beach, Florida, 19-21 April 1972.
Canaveral Council of Technical SocietiesCocoa Beach, FL USA 32931
- CAUTLEY, P
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: p. 37-44
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; Technology
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced passenger trains
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00051447
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 25 1976 12:00AM