A PUMP TO INCREASE THE PRESSURE OF A SLURRY BEING TRANSPORTED THROUGH A PIPELINE
A pump to increase the pressure of a slurry being transported through a pipeline includes at least three chambers, a pressurizer for alternately applying high and low pressure to each chamber, a device to fill each chamber with slurry at low pressure and to empty the chamber into the pipeline at high pressure, and a control device to control the pressure so that the slurry flow is continuous.
- South African Patent Application 70/4489.
- Huso, M A
- Publication Date: 1971-3-31
- Volume: 4
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Shell Internationale Research Maatschappij NV
- TRT Terms: Pipeline transportation; Pumps; Slurry
- Old TRIS Terms: Pipeline economics; Slurries; Slurry pumps
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00056284
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Petroleum Institute
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1974 12:00AM