THE TRAIN THAT RAN AWAY
This book is a business history of British Railways for the years 1948-1968. The book looks at the problems that faced the newly nationalized (1948) British Railways. The book also looks critically at management policies that poured capital into the existing system rather than rationalizing it to adjust it ot the needs of the postwar society.
Ian Allan LimitedTerminal House
Shepperton, Middlesex England TW17 8AS
- Joy, S
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Bankruptcy; Economics; Finance; Nationalization; Policy; Subsidies
- Identifier Terms: British Rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071763
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM