HIGH-SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS ENGINEERING STUDY. SUSPENDED MONORAIL DYNAMIC STUDY
The report documents the results of work directed towards examining the potential for high speed operation of the Safege suspended monorail configuration. A three-dimensional multi-degree-of-freedom dynamic model of the vehicle is developed and tested under varying ride conditions. Systems parameters, such as cabin weight, damping rates, spring constants, etc., are varied in order to gauge their individual and combined effects on the vehicle's ability to meet specified ride comfort standards. A configuration capable of maintaining these standards at velocities of 150 mph is documented. (Author)
- Report on High-Speed Ground Transportation Systems Engineering Study.
TRW Systems GroupOne Space Park
Redondo Beach, CA United States 90278
- Dulock, V A
- Kreisberg, H N
- Plotkin, S E
- Publication Date: 1969-12
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Monorail transportation; Passenger comfort; Ride quality
- Uncontrolled Terms: Suspended vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Safege system
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071743
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-RT-70-45 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: C-353-66
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM