PRELIMINARY DESIGN REPORT - MINI-DRYDOCK FOR VERY LARGE CRUDE-CARRYING SHIPS
This report presents a preliminary design of a mini-drydock which can be used for servicing Very Large Crude-Carriers (VLCC's). The mini-drydock would be especially useful in servicing VLCC's since the number of conventional drydocks large enough to service them is limited. To reduce time lost during standard drydocking, the concept of mini-drydocking, which would enable inspection and maintenance of underwater portions of the ship (while it is docked for loading and unloading), is being suggested as feasible.
National Maritime Research Center, GalvestonGalveston, TX USA 77550
- Corbett, P R
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Docking; Drydocks; Inspection; Maintenance management; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs; Underwater inspection
- Old TRIS Terms: Drydock design; Drydocking
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00071738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NMRC-272-22000-R3 Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6562t
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM