THE NONLINEAR DYNAMICS OF PLATES AND SHELLS
The book consists of ten chapters. Chapter I contains the fundamental equations of dynamic theory of large-deflection plates and shells. Chapters II-V examine the various types of vibratory motions of plates and shells. Specific problems pertaining to natural and forced vibrations are apparently presented here for the first time. In the section pertaining to self-induced vibrations, principal attention is given to new data on panel flutter. Chapters VI-IX describe the behavior of thin-walled systems under dynamic loading. It includes an analysis of deformation of plates and shells under rapid and very rapid impact loads of different types. Finally, Chapter X presents some problems of shell and plate dynamics requiring a statistical approach.
- Edited trans. of mono. Nelineinaya Dinamika Plastinok i Obolochek, Moscow, 1972, pp 1-432.
Department of the Air ForceForeign Technology Division, Wright-Patterson AFB
Dayton, OH United States 45433
- Volmir, A S
- Publication Date: 1974-4-16
- Pagination: 543 p.
- TRT Terms: Deflection; Deformation; Dynamic loads; Plates (Engineering); Shells (Structural forms); Structural analysis; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Plate deflections; Shell deformation; Structural vibration
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00071728
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FTD-HC-23-851-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM