INLAND WATERWAYS COMMUNICATIONS STUDY. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The report presents the results of a study of the communications requirements of the companies operating on the inland waterways, encompassing the Mississippi, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Warrior and Missouri rivers and a portion of the Inter-coastal Waterway. Industry communications requirements are presented in detail, leading to the development of several alternative system concepts for an integrated Inland Waterways Communications System. A detailed evaluation of the hypothesized alternatives is presented and the preferred system concept is recommended. The implementation characteristics of the preferred system concept are described, as are the type of organization required to operate the system and the regulatory environment in which the system will operate.
- Also available in paper copy, set of 3 reports as COM-74-11104, Set. Volume 2, COM-74-11106, Study Report, PC $5.50; Microfiche $1.45; and Volume 3, COM-74-11103, Appendixes, PC $7.25; Microfiche, $1.45.
ARINC Research Corporation2251 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD United States 21401
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Communications satellites; Inland waterways; Integrated systems; Marine transit; Navigation systems; Rivers; Ship pilotage
- Old TRIS Terms: Inland waterways communications; Integrated navigation systems; River navigation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00071718
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 0639-01-1-1295-Vol-1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-3-36258
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1978 12:00AM