ECONOMIC EFFECTIVENESS OF THE APPLICATION OF LARGE-CAPACITY CONTAINERS FOR MARINE TRANSPORT
Successful development of cargo shipment and the introduction of large capacity containers to mixed rail and marine transport is examined. One of the conclusions drawn from this study is that of achieving the greatest effectiveness of transportation of piece goods by using universal containers, particularly those weighing 10 and 20 tons gross.
- Trans. of Ekonomika i Ekspluatatsiya Morskogo Transporta (USSR) n24(30) p19-43 1969.
Army Foreign Science and Technology Center220 7th Street, NE
Charlottesville, VA United States 22901
- Grabarnik, I A
- Publication Date: 1974-5-8
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Economic analysis; Economics; Operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Container economics; Container operations; Containerized cargo; Economic analysis (Containerized cargo)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071717
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FSTC-HT-23-2397-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM