DETERMINATION OF STRESSES IN A CYLINDRICAL SHELL WITH AN ELLIPTIC APERTURE
The distribution of stresses at a large elliptic aperture located on the lateral surface of a circular cylindrical shell was studied in previous papers where it is assumed that the shape of the aperture differs only little from the circle on the evolute of a cylinder. To eliminate this restriction, an alternative method of numerical determination of stresses in a shell with curvilinear aperture was proposed in yet another paper. In the present paper, this method is applied to the case of an elliptical aperture.
- Trans. of Nikolaev Shipbuilding Institute. Trudy (USSR) n56 p22-26 1972.
Naval Intelligence Support CenterTranslation Services Division
Washington, DC USA
- Zakora, S V
- Chekhov, V N
- Shevlyakov, Y A
- Publication Date: 1974-2-11
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Cylinders (Geometry); Shells (Structural forms); Stresses; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cylindrical shells
- Old TRIS Terms: Shell stresses; Shell theory
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00071704
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NISC-Trans-3513
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 6 1974 12:00AM