PUBLIC PORT FINANCING IN THE UNITED STATES
This report presents an overview of the port industry and its emerging financial problems. It was prepared specifically in response to a Congressional inquiry on the subject of the absence of Federal financial aid to the U.S. port industry. The report has been prepared by the Maritime Administration with the assistance of representatives of the industry as designated by the American Association of Port Authorities, including an Ad Hoc Advisory Committee and the Committee on United States National Transportation Policy. Thus, it is felt this document reflects, in broad terms, the views and positions of the port industry. The study is a survey of conditions and problems. It is not meant to be the last work on the subject. Quite to the contrary, this report, might very logically give rise to some further in-depth analyses of the port industry's financial predicament and potential remedies.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Development; Improvements; Marine terminals; Policy; Port operations; Port structures; Ports; Subsidies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Port finance
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Policy; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00071702
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM