GUIDE TO WATER CLEANUP MATERIALS AND METHODS
Recent environmental laws have put most of American industry in the pollution control business. Companies involved in the manufacturing, processing, shipping, or storage of various products have been forced to consider the impact of unintentional spills, accidental or deliberate discharges, or improper treatment of potentially dangerous waste water. This guide provides timely information about preventive and remedial pollution control efforts. All important domestic and foreign producers of water cleanup equipment and materials are included in this 350-page book, and 500 products are described in terms of their function, properties, dimensions, performance characteristics, applications, and compatibility with other equipment. Over 250 photographs illustrate systems such as booms and barriers, skimmers, separators, sorbents, chemical agents, oil/water monitors, overflow prevention devices, flow meters, pumps, waste water treatment equipment, and analytical equipment. The balance of the 20 sections of the book includes advice on contingency planning; lists of cleanup contractors and spill cooperatives; state water pollution laws and regulations; state water pollution control offices and contacts; Federal laws and regulations; EPA and U.S. Coast Guard contacts; Government agencies concerned with water quality and pollution control; plus tables and conversion factors, and a glossary of practical terms.
- For copies write in care of Dr. John Quick.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 350 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Regulation; Sewage treatment; Ships; Wastewater; Water pollution; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Waste treatment
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard sewage treatment; Vessel wastes; Water pollution regulation
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00071651
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Reporter and Engineering News
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM