NO SUB X STUDIES WITH EMD 2-567 DIESEL ENGINE
Effectiveness of several methods for reducing oxides of nitrogen (NO sub x) emissions from a two-cylinder version of an EMD series 567C locomotive engine is discussed. The effectiveness of a particular method was determined by the amount of NO sub x reduction achieved, the observed effect of other emissions constituents and engine power, and the ease and potential expense with which the method could be implemented.
- This paper was contributed by the Diesel and gas Engine Power Division of the ASME and was presented at the Diesel and Gas Engine Power Conference and exhibit, Houston, Texas, 28 April-2 May 1974. This paper is based on work performed under contract EHS70-108 with the Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Storment, J O
- SPRINGER, K J
- Hergenrother, K M
- Publication Date: 1974-1-28
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engine exhaust gases; Environmental impacts; Exhaust gases
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00071621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 74-DGP-14
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 20 1974 12:00AM