A MULTIPLE-MODE TRANSPORTATION NETWORK DESIGN MODEL. VOLUME II. (CHAPTERS 3 THROUGH 5)
A description is given of the optimal multi-modal network operations model. The function of this model is essentially to accept as specified inputs certain characteristics of the fixed network of the transportation system, including characteristics of the common carrier terminals, highway interchanges, and highway and common carrier links. It then synthesizes an optimal plan of operation for the system, minimizing costs subject to achievement of the desired levels of effectiveness. The model internally predicts certain consequences of the actual choice variables, mainly related to the demand for transportation and the effect of changes in the transportation network upon the region served. Current estimates of unit costs and the sources of this cost information are outlined and explained. Three example applications of the Optimal Multi-Mode Network Operations Model are applied to situations in the Northeast Corridor. The purpose is to present information in sufficient detail so that an understanding of the model's features is obtained.
- Report on the Network Synthesis Model Developed as a Part of the Contract The Development of a Geographic Transportation Network Generation and Evaluation Model. See also Volume 1, PB-197 277 and Volume 3, PB-197 279.
Northwestern University, EvanstonTransportation Center, Leverone Hall
Evanston, IL United States 60201
- Morlok, E K
- Nihan, N L
- SULLIVAN, R F
- Publication Date: 1969-8
- Pagination: 225 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer models; Computer programming; Constraints; Curve fitting; Industrial engineering; Multimodal transportation; Network analysis (Planning); Networks; Passenger transportation; Public transit; Regional planning; Scheduling; Statistical analysis; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Ohsgt
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00063339
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-7-35524
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM