REDUCING THE NEED FOR TRAVEL
The report identifies the alternative ways of accomplishing the reduction of urban travel and urban travel needs. The underlying reasons for travel are analyzed. Candidate solutions to reducing travel are described. Candidates are grouped into three classifications: communications substitutes, changes in the location and structure of cities; rescheduling of work hours. A fourth alternative, that of reshaping the need for travel through increases in the cost of travel by auto and re-education of the public plays a major role in the proposed Urban Mass Transportation Administration program.
Interplan Corporation100 North Hope Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA United States
- Krzyczkowski, R
- Henneman, S S
- Publication Date: 1974-3
- Pagination: 165 p.
- TRT Terms: Cities; Communications; Hours of labor; Mode choice; Reduction (Chemistry); Scheduling; Transportation planning; Travel; Travel budgets; Travel costs; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Passenger demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Reduction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00057931
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 7226-R Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1981 12:00AM