NOISE LEVEL MEASUREMENTS OF RAILROADS: FREIGHT YARDS AND WAYSIDE
Noise from railroad operations were measured. Noise level data from freight yard operations were measured at the Argentine Freight Yard of the Santa Fe Railroad in Kansas City, Kansas and on a smaller scale in three facilities of the Boston and Maine Railroad in Boston Massachusetts. In addition, wayside noise data from passenger and line-haul operations were measured on the Penn Central Railroad in New Jersey and Massachusetts, and on the Santa Fe Railroad in Kansas. The report contains statistical temporal noise data, graphical time history level recordings, and one-third octave frequency spectra of selected data.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Rickley, E J
- QUINN, R W
- SUSSAN, N R
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Pagination: 245 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Railroad yards; Sound attenuation; Sound level
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00057930
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-73-46 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM