CABTRACK STUDIES. TRAVEL PATTERNS AND COSTS FOR CABTRACK NETWORKS IN A SIMPLE MODEL SCENARIO
The estimated capital and operating costs of the fundamental Cabtrack network subsystems -- cabs running on plain track, intersections, cabstops -- are derived as a function of the traffic flows in these subsystems. The overall operating costs of a number of regular rectangular layouts of Cabtrack networks are then derived for the special case of an infinite network operating in a hypothetical scenario with a uniform travel density over its entire area. A method of optimising the mesh spacing is described, and examples given of the effect on costs of varying some of the trip-making parameters.
Royal Aircraft EstablishmentStructures Department
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
- LANGDON, M G
- Capey, E C
- Catherall, D
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 129 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Cabtrack system
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00057926
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RAE-TR-71138 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1974 12:00AM