ELECTROMAGNETIC ENVIRONMENT MEASUREMENTS OF PERSONALIZED RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEMS AT 'TRANSPO 72'. VOLUME I
An X-Y plot is made of the ambient radiated electromagnetic signals and noise between 1KHz and 50KHz at Dulles International Airport for the purpose of assessing the local environment at each of the four Personalized Rapid Transit (PRT) sites prior to operation of each system. A Polaroid scope camera was used in conjunction with a spectrum analyzer to photograph signals between 50KHz and 50MHz. The purpose of the measurements program was to establish some base line information on the electromagnetic signal characteristics in the Dulles area in the event there was an interaction between the PRT Command and Control Systems and the Federal Aviation Administration Air Traffic Control equipment. The measurements obtained during this series of tests will be used for a comparison with data obtained under the same conditions first with each system operating individually and then with all four systems operating simultaneously.
- See also Volume 2, PB-233 193.
National Scientific Laboratories, IncorporatedWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA USA 22101
- Jamison, E E
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Control systems; Electromagnetic waves; Fires; Measurement; Personal rapid transit; Signals; Spectrum analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-375
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1982 12:00AM