ELECTROMAGNETIC ENVIRONMENT MEASUREMENTS OF PERSONALIZED RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEMS AT 'TRANSPO 72'. VOLUME VII
The report covers the measurements of the broadband conducted noise present on the A.C. power lines feeding the Personalized Rapid Transit (PRT) systems at Dulles Airport with all four systems off. The purpose of the measurement effort was to evaluate the electrical environment existing on each of the PRT 'hot' and neutral A.C. power lines prior to the installation and operation of any of the systems. These data will provide a baseline for use in establishing the relative increase in EMI levels associated with PRT system operation. Data obtained under this effort will enable an evaluation of whether or not existing or potential EMI levels might effect the normal operation of the PRT systems. Such interference could conceivably contribute to breakdown, malfunctions, or safety problems associated with the automated equipment used by the PRT systems in performing normal functions.
- See also Volume 6, PB-233 197, and Volume 8, PB-233 199.
National Scientific Laboratories, IncorporatedWestgate Research Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
- Jamison, E E
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated vehicle control; Interchanges; Interchanges and intersections; Measurement; Noise (Communications); Personal rapid transit; Public policy; Transmission lines
- Old TRIS Terms: Automated transit system
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00057912
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-375
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 12 1982 12:00AM